Hello again. Welcome to a new work week. As always I like to share a summary of some of the best articles I’ve come across in recent days (and some of my own tips and blog posts). So here we go!
- This article suggested some really good ways you can crank up your social media marketing: bit.ly/23vDKff
- As a small business (usually with little extra money to throw around), it’s important to target your investments. This article pointed out how we should focus our marketing toward our IDEAL customers: usat.ly/24yDEcM
- I really thought this article was helpful. It suggested that it might be helpful to think of your resume in terms of stories instead of bullet-points: bit.ly/1NkOsn5
- This article described a new $20 million fund to invest in startups that combine a design focus and “meaningful impact”: bit.ly/1QSwSBt
- Self-awareness is the main thing leaders want from their executive coaches: bit.ly/1roV7SX
- I came across this article that shared 100 motivational quotes: bit.ly/1Y9HzFw
- As mobile apps proliferate, sometimes it’s hard to know the best ways you can use one for your small business. This article shared some ideas: bit.ly/1rvgMJx
- This article listed just tons of great lead-generation tools that small businesses can use: bit.ly/1ZdCdt5
- Referrals are a huge benefit to a small business. This article provide some good points on how to get better at word-of-mouth marketing: bit.ly/1SYXF3s
- This article listed a few email newsletters that can be “better than a Harvard MBA”: bit.ly/1QSgII9
- A “customer journey map” is a handy tool This article suggested a good approach to building one: bit.ly/1SZu90z
- As the world of content marketing continues to change we really need to keep up with it. This article provided some insights into these changes – and how we should react: entm.ag/1SKnUMl
- This article was focused on design leaders – and how they share certain traits that help them bridge the gap from designer to leader: bit.ly/23mi3OB
- This article made a great point about how becoming the leader you really want to be is YOUR responsibility: bit.ly/1ritaw1
- This article focused on how solopreneurs can deal with the loneliness of working alone: bit.ly/1NjeDdI
- Technology can drive your small business growth. This article shared some ideas for how to apply technology in some key areas: bit.ly/1TriSAx
- This article discussed how independent booksellers can stay competitive when faced with various types of competition: usat.ly/23jUgPs
- Sometimes when sales flatten improved SEO might help give them a jolt. This article shared some strategies to consider: onforb.es/1rOrDPa
- I thought this article gave some great advice about focusing on your business and looking for ways to “go disrupt yourself”: bit.ly/1rnnWiU
Also last week I was focused a lot on the idea of how to have (or recover) energy, excitement, and passion in your business. Here are some tips I shared:
- Generating excitement and positive energy in your business begins with YOU, the leader!
- Losing steam? Think back to what first excited you about your business and the benefits you provide.
- Find ways to stand out from your competition by surprising customers. They WILL tell others.
- Know how your target customers interact with companies today. Can you make YOUR interaction remarkable?
- Look for ways to design business interactions that evoke an emotional connection with customers.
On the blog, I discussed this issue and suggested some ideas for how to bring back the excitement: “Bring Excitement Back To Your Business“. I’d love to hear what your thoughts are.